Our Top Nutrition Principles
Nutrition science is an ever evolving, complex subject that takes into account so many factors. Nothing is set in stone, there will always be exceptions to the rule. Good nutrition however is pretty simple to achieve. Not easy, but simple.
Regardless of your nutrition philosophies or beliefs, these principles will hold true.
Eat minimally processed foods most of the time
Focus on food quality, whole foods help us to:
- Regulate energy balance evenly
- Balance our hormones
- Feel satisfied with our meals
- Maintain normal blood sugar levels
Be in tune with your bodies hunger and fullness cues
Being mindful around our food helps us to:
- Control cravings
- Avoid emotional eating
- Know when to stop eating
- Eat slowly for better digestion
- Appreciate your food
Focuses on the long term
Good nutrition is not about short term goals. Its something you can carry on for the rest of your life.
- its integrated into your lifestyle.
- Its easy to prep and plan for.
- it fits into your budget and schedule
Good nutrition and exercise go together like lock and key. Good nutrition helps to:
- Fuel workouts and sport
- Enhance performance
- Supports recovery
- Builds muscle
Makes you happy
Good nutrition should not make you feel deprived or miserable. It should become a natural part of your life that you enjoy.
Good nutrition should:
- Make you feel happy about your lifestyle, body and food.
- Enable you to enjoy indulgence here and there without guilt.
- Be easy to maintain long term